Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Need to Organize

I really think that our need to organize our lives, our selves, our space, etc. is an inherently Divine quality. It is, like other Divine qualities with which we are endowed, something that needs to be practiced to be perfected, and it may just take our whole lives to get there. But the important thing is that we keep trying, right?

I dream of being an uber organized guru to whom people come to for advice. Actually, I know how to be organized, and people have asked my advice. So what's wrong with me? I just wish I could practice what I can preach and know like the back of my hand. That way when some one asks me for advice, I don't appear to be a fraud.

Anyhoooooo, if you are looking to get a little organization going in your life, these two books are the absolute best for organizing your space and your time. I have them on my shelf and have read and re-read, highlighted, made notes in--they are just awesome. What is so awesome? Julie doesn't try to hand you a system that works for some random stranger to try to fit into your life. She asks questions and gets at the root of what makes you tick. Then she gives tried and true methods as a framework for your organization. When you marry your style with her tips, you'll have a match made in heaven.

Check them out. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

I can't wait to get a copy! I SO need this.

Hillary said...

mmmmm... there's something to be said about a closet filled with organizational bins, file folders, and labels. I agree. With all you said. :)

Jessica said...

I love to organize, though you'd never know it by room! I love to help other people, it's easier to see their things clearly. I'm curious about the book, I'll have to add it to my list!