Thursday, January 7, 2010

Applesauce Cupcake Update

Okay, these were really yummy...when they were warm. When they cooled down, I noticed a flavor difference that made me want to update my last post. If you decide to make these, you may want to make a change.

The "flour" for these is Bisquick, and I don't believe there was enough spice coming through. I would make one or more of the following three changes:

1. Use cinnamon applesauce
2. Use more cinnamon
3. Use a little more sugar

I believe one or all of these changes would have been powerful enough to overcome the blandness of the Bisquick. The warm butter and cinnamon sugar on the top was da bomb! I wanted the rest of the cupcake to taste that good.

Hope that is helpful. I will definitely try these again and experiment. Warming them in the microwave the next day was definitely awesome. These are a cupcake that is more muffin-like, and warm is definitely the way to go!

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Good to know. Did you eat the whole batch for experimentation?

Melissa said...

Hee, hee. No. We each had one (I had two or three) and the rest went to the Holbrooks. That's the first family the girls chose. Next week, we'll choose someone else.