Monday, January 11, 2010

Cupcakes, Weight Loss & Miscellaneous

There are a bunch of random things I need to fill my readers in on.

#1 Cupcakes do not equal weight loss. During my Healthy Living Challenge, which began yesterday, I will taste my cupcakes every week. If a certain variety is good enough to warrant a complete face plant, I will deal with the consequences. Fortunately, cupcakes are not my downfall. The Cookie Bible cookbook would have be disastrous for my backside.

#2 Almond Joyous reviews have started to come in. Two tasters from last night commented that they were outrageously fantastic. This is very exciting. Just to clarify, I did not ask for reviews as a way to puff up my baker's ego (snort), I truly want to know if they are good or if they stink. I don't want to keep baking cupcakes from this cookbook if they aren't worth it.

#3 There are really fun cupcake recipe websites!




#4 They make really pretty papers and packaging for your cupcakes! Bake it Pretty has wonderfully fun cupcake papers, embellishments and boxes to have fun with. My order arrived today in this cute bag...

and had my super fun cupcake papers in it...

I think that was all the miscellaneous cupcake-related reporting. And yes, I have my eye on delivering to my local blog friends in the future. *wink*

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I love that you're doing the cupcake thing! Although... it would be really tempting to eat the whole lot of cupcakes every time you bake them. Good thing you have a healthy living challenge to keep you on track. :)