Sunday, January 31, 2010

Apricot Cupcakes

Today's delightful recipe was for Apricot Cupcakes. Just check out some of the yummy ingredients...

Sous-chef, Heather, was on hand to help. I'm finding that one sous-chef is enough, and that I get to interact more with the one (bonus: no fighting over who gets to do what). Check out my lovely apron too...

There were 3 cups of Apricot preserves in this recipe, plus another 3/4 cup in the filling. Both the liquid ingredients and the dry took up their own normal size bowls. We had to break out the mongo bowl for the combining of the wet and dry...

After the cupcakes cooled a bit, they were cored to make room for the filling.

Heather helped to load up the centers with the gooey filling made from orange juice, lemon zest and juice, flour, cooking sherry and egg yolks.

The cores were replaced to hide the filling...

and here they are all ready to deliver. I printed some tags this week so that the deliveries would have a little extra something special.

This recipe had several ingredients and was time consuming. The coring and filling took the extra time. The cupcakes were tasty, but not over-the-moon. I'll have to see how everyone liked them. It will not hurt my feelings if they weren't a favorite. It was still an adventure to try the recipe, and they weren't awful. Some of the cupcakes seem to be more muffin-like, so that could be adding to my disappointment with some of the recipes. I guess that's what this adventure is all about. We already have some favorites, and we're only a month into the project!

Next week I'd like to his some of my local blogger friends in the tasting...Shari, Kristie, Hillary, Alex...I would love to include you girlies in the fun. I'll be in touch.

3 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Yummy. What is for next week?

shari berry bo-berry said...

sounds good, count me in! :) and I love the apron!

Clint and Jen said...

How do I get in on some of the tasting of the cupcakes, they all look so good, what a fun project to do with the girls