Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Autism Awareness

My friend, Jessica Erickson, is giving her nephew a special gift for his birthday. He is turning 10 and was diagnosed with Autism 8 years ago. Her gift this year will be a donation to Autism Speaks on his behalf.

Jess is a gifted artist and has an Etsy shop called Allorahandmade. You can find beautiful headbands, necklaces and other items in her shop (the picture above is a beautiful headband I purchased). On January 13, 14 and 15, 100% of the proceeds from her shop will go to Autism Speaks. I thought this was a great project and wanted to share it with all of you.

Check out her store here. You can also view her blog and description of her project here. Her nephew is a cutie.

2 comments:

jess said...

THANK YOU MELISSA!!! You're the best!

Michelle Blair said...

I purchased 2 items yesterday, but I didn't know it was a special day. Thanks for sharing. Her stuff is so cute.