Monday, January 25, 2010

Buttermilk Orange Cupcakes

Cupcake making was delayed one day so they would be fresh for their recipients...

at Book Club on Tuesday!

My Book Group meeting is Tuesday evening and a couple of these girls are following my blog, so that just seemed pretty perfect.

We have read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, both by Suzanne Collins. I was going to make the Black Forest Cheese Cupcakes or the Black Bottom Mini Cupcakes, but the Buttermilk Orange was screaming for a couple of reasons:

#1 I had buttermilk from last week's cupcakes.
#2 Oranges are in season and I have a yummy tree bursting with fruit right in my back yard.

I am "theme girl" so I can totally make this fit:

#1. Katniss and her family live off the land. Oranges grow on trees on my land.
#2 Orange is the color of fire which is what Katinss and Peta wear to the opening ceremonies
#3 The ingredients we used can be found in the bakery that Peeta's family owns.

See. It totally works.

Okay, here are the pictures...

The not-so-remarkable looking finished product...

The oh-so-yummy sounding orange sauce...
mmmmmmmm...smells delish!

Cupcakes after having been drenched in orange sauce...

Shimmery, sugary, orange cupcakes just waiting for some tasters.

I inhaled, I mean tasted, one and they are divine!!! See you tomorrow girls!

p.s. Sheryl, you have to come now. Hee, hee.




2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

Yummy. I so look forward to your cupcake posts. Someday I'll try it after I loose 30 lbs. Have fun at book club.

Jennifer B. said...

Woohoo! I was already looking forward to our discussion, but now I am beside myself with anticipation.

Mmmmmm.