Monday, June 28, 2010

Beach & Movie Day

Don't know what's up with the weather here in So Cal, but it's pretty gloomy and cold for the end of June. We needed to have a day at Newport Beach, however, so we went for it. We grabbed Caleb and Sarah and headed to the jetty.

The kids seemed unaware of the chilly wind. Michelle and I were bundled in towels under the umbrella, but the kids were just fine in the water.

After a warm shower and a change of clothes, we headed to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Then we headed to Color Me Mine where Gavin painted a special bowl. My oldest wasn't fond of me when I decided that it wasn't quite in our budget with all the other things we've been doing. I will pitch in for her therapy when she's an adult.

After painting, we went to see Toy Story 3. What a great movie. I totally cried through the ending. Heather wanted to know why she's heard about the adults crying at the end. So I tried to explain to her without crying again. That wasn't easy! If you haven't seen it, it's worth it (although I would get your tickets at Costco and save a few bucks).


1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

That was fun to watch them play, but wish it was a bit warmer. Sorry you didn't color with Gavin. Maybe next time. Loved the movie too!