Monday, June 14, 2010

An Early Eclipse



On Monday, June 14, I was able to see a pre-screening of Eclipse. A friend told me that Summit was inviting fan sites to submit names for tickets to the special screening, so I threw my name in. I was so surprised to find out myself and some great TwilightMoms friends were going to get to go! Yay! We met in Hollywood for dinner and then headed off to the Mann Chinese Theater for the screening.


There were about 50 people in line when we got to the theater. Security was tight and we were told that we would not be let in if we had any recording devices on our person. We were also instructed to use the restroom because once inside the theater we were not allowed to leave and return. We went through the id check-in, a security search and metal detector on our way to pick up our complimentary popcorn and
soda. After a last minute bathroom trip, we entered the theater and settled in for our movie. What a treat.

The movie didn't start at 7:00 p.m. like we were told. At 7:25 p.m. it finally began and we were fully engrossed for about 15 minutes before the screen went black. Technical difficulties were reported by an usher dressed in an old fashioned usher uniform. He said there was interference from the studio across the street. What?!? We had little time to wonder when a full size familiar face appeared on the screen...

There was Jimmy Kimmel and he was talking to US! "Hey there! Are you enjoying the movie?" The laughing and clapping was so loud we didn't hear much. It was a live stream from his studio into the movie theater. He told us he had some people we might like to meet. The camera panned back and there were Taylor, Kristen and Rob sitting in the studio.

They said hello and a couple of other things, but we were so loud they couldn't quite hear us and we couldn't hear them. I noticed at that point that there were t.v. cameras IN THE THEATER taping our reactions. We were apparently a part of the Jimmy Kimmel taping. This was great fun and we figured that that was it. Then... he said he has some other people we might like to meet. The front exit door of the theater (down near the screen) opened and in walked...

Xavier Samuel (Riley), Bryce Dallas Howard (Victoria), Peter Facinelli (Carlisle) and Dakota Fanning (Jane). *THUD* This is the only pic I could find of them and it's a little small. This was taken as they were either walking in or leaving. We had no way to take pics so I was grateful to find this one! They waved and said hi, smiled, looked glamorous, and that was all they had time for. We cheered and laughed and will probably be on t.v. (my hub will be so happy). As they left, we all sat down with happy giggles. The whole surprise lasted about 5 minutes and then the movie was up and running. Wow.

And okay, now for the movie review...Oh my goodness this is a good movie! I really liked it! I think it's my favorite so far. I cannot wait to see it again! That's all ya get because I don't want to spoil anything.

We hung out in the lobby after the show and took a group picture with Kaleb Nation (the original Twilight Guy) and then went to Starbucks to linger a little longer.


It was so fun to do this with some of my favorite Twilight peeps. Look for us on the Jimmy Kimmel Primetime Eclipse Special Wednesday, June 23 at 10:00 p.m. (KABC)

2 comments:

Tricia Reynolds said...

I am so excited for you! How fun!!! Now I can't wait to see the movie next week and we'll be watching for you tonight on Jimmy Kimmel!
xoxo,
Trish

Sheryl Mosher said...

I cannot wait to see the Jimmy Kimmel show tonight! And I cannot wait to see the new movie. Yay! I'm so glad you got to experience this -- what an amazing night!!