Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day???

What happened to Father's Day? Well, we dropped Kelly off at the airport around 10:30 a.m. for his flight to Boston. We went to church at a later time and then relaxed in the afternoon. We knew Aunt Michelle and Gavin were arriving the next evening, so we waited on our presents for Grandpa. I don't think we explained to Grandpa that we were waiting on presents, so I'm sure he was wondering what was up with us! Finally, on Wednesday morning, we presented Grandpa with his gifts. I think he was happy to have the recognition, even if it was a little bit late. We opened gifts right after breakfast.


Grandpa's gifts included an old school copy of Hemmingway's "The Old Man and the Sea". When I saw it, I had to buy it. My dad has mentioned this book several times over the years remembering it as a story he just couldn't put down. It made a strong impression on him as a young man. I loved finding a vintage copy for him.


Later in the day, Aunt Michelle rigged the garden hose to the slide and the kids had fun on the slippery slide.


1 comment:

Hillary said...

That last one of Jenna is totally priceless. HA!