Monday, June 7, 2010

The Ice Cream Shoppe

While pondering all of the good things to do that exist in my life's menu, and striving to choose the very best activities to be engaged in, I am wondering...

Will Heaven be kind of like a super fun ice cream parlor where we'll get to hang out and drool over the menu and have the time to try every flavor?

Perhaps ice cream isn't your thing, but when I was a little girl, I loved Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor. Oh the delectable flavors and plethora of choices! If my stomach were only bigger! I have found for years that no matter the season in my life, there is always a menu of delectable activities to take part in, but never enough time to do them all. We are constantly faced with choices and prioritizing, which I highly value. I was once counseled that the Lord gives us too many things to do on purpose so that we can have the experience of choosing the things that are best for us to be engaged in. It is really hard to let some things go.

So I get it for this life. Too many choices, lots of agonizing prioritizing, and a sense of accomplishment in making the right choices.

Oooooo, but for the next life. Can I have gobs of time to finish my scrapbooking AND take dance classes AND learn to master my flute AND hang out with my bestest girl friends AND play with board games and dress up with my little girls AND travel the world AND do all my genealogy back to Adam AND read every book that was ever written (well, the clean ones) AND become a fluent in the Spanish language AND have tons of time to nurture my relationships to perfection without any stress AND be a size 6 AND...there is just so much. Will we get to do it all?

Maybe none of this will be important, but for right now, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Kristie K. said...

I am with you!!!

I can't wait to have all my scrapbooking up to date! and work on all my talents, and read, and family history, and see the world AND eat so much ice cream and still be a size 6!