Monday, July 20, 2009

The Cake

Heather wanted ice cream sandwiches for her dessert so I thought I was off the hook for cake decorating this year.  I usually seem to come up with something fun, but Wipeout?  What would I have done.  I was grateful for the ice cream request.

That lasted until Aunt Michelle said, "You have to have a cake with 'big red balls'!", which of course started the creative wheels spinning.  After a long search and the help of our good friends, the Holbrooks, we found some balls that would resemble those on the show and put a little cake together.  Thanks Aunt Michelle for the awesome idea!

The cake...

A side view for Wipeout fans...those are Polly Pockets Mall dolls with the one in the front left deemed Jill Wagner, the host. 

The kids all had a small piece of the cake and an ice cream sandwich.  It was perfect!




3 comments:

Hillary said...

How awesome! Tell Heather I said Happy birthday! I've been looking forward to her birthday for nine months! :) The cake looks awesome. I love wipeout! haha. But I think I love the cake you made more.

Michelle Blair said...

Great pictures. I think the kids had an awesome time. I know Gavin did. It was really great and the cake is a crack up. Now I have to come up with one because Gavin says he is having a "Wipeout" birthday. We'll see.

shari berry bo-berry said...

that is an awesome cake! and a wipeout themed b-day party would be so much fun! love it!