Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 4 - Vernon, AZ

There is a little town in Arizona that we had never hear of before our cousin married a lovely girl from there.  It's in the White Mountains just 20 minutes outside of Showlow, Arizona. That's where my aunt and uncle built their retirement home.  It's quite the mountain resort. We drove from the desert heat in Gilbert through Payson (where this picture was taken) and onto the cool 68 degree whether in Vernon.  I am happy, and quite cooled off, camper today.

We don't quite get clouds like this at home, at least that we can see in all their majestic beauty.


I believe if I was a card playing gal, I'd understand the name of this town better.  The main drag is called The Deuce of Clubs.  There appears to be a card playing history here.

Here is the dirt road leading to my aunt and uncle's home.

This is a shot of their home from the drive leading up to it.  It is beautiful.

Aunty Kathy always has fun things planned for the kids.  They had colored towel sets in the bathroom and cookies and chocolate in their bedroom.  Here she is helping Kasey and Heather make some homemade ice cream.  The ice cream maker was my moms, and I remember making peach ice cream in it when I was a little girl.

1 comment:

Kathy Habel said...

Homemade ice cream - yum!