Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 7 - Destination Farmington

After a morning of yummy country breakfast, some more quad rides, packing and playing in Fort Apache one more time, we said so long to Uncle Chuck and Aunt Kathy and their beautiful mountain home.  We sure had a blast hanging out, playing, eating, laughing and relaxing.  Thank you for such a wonderful visit!

Last summer I mentioned to my girls that the road from Vernon to Farmington was a great visual for words from "This Land Is Your Land."  This isn't the greatest picture, but it was the first time I'd ever seen a "ribbon of highway."  That's what they call any long stretch of road now.  I'm not sure they get it, but it was amazing to me to see the highway ahead of us stretching out for miles in that ribbon-like shape.

As we neared Shiprock, New Mexico, the clouds were giving us a glorious show!

We arrived in Farmington in the evening, and Jenna immediately reacquainted herself with my sister's dogs, Chief and Hunter.

The kids have been way off their schedules and really tired at night.  Jenna was so cute as I found her in the bathroom brushing her teeth.  The toothbrush and toothpaste were "talking" to each other.  "Hello Mr. Toothpaste!  Well hello Mr. Toothbrush!"  I think the overtired nutty brain was kicking in, but it was so cute, I had to snap a photo.

No comments: