Friday, January 23, 2009

Friendship Friday

There were a few fun and sweet friendship moments in our lives today.  I received a call from a friend who called to encourage me on the Healthy Living Challenge.  Another friend walked with me for an hour tonight so that I could get in my workout and some visiting time.  My six-year-old was invited to dinner with a couple of her best friends, and it was sweet to watch her run off knowing she would have a blast.

The cutest moment was provide by Heather and her friend Caleb.  Heather has several boys her age whom she has been friends with since Kindergarten.  Caleb is one of those boys, and he came over tonight to hang out and watch a movie.  They were so excited to be together and I realized that this time is so precious.  They are nine years old, and before we know it,  it won't be cool for them to hang out anymore.  Heather doesn't know this, and I'm not telling her.  Caleb's mom and I just love that they are still pure and innocent and totally best buds--and we'll take that for as long as possible!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Friends are so wonderful!!! I'm glad you had a great day. BIG HUGS!!!

Michelle Blair said...

That is soooo cute. I love innocence! Sounds like you are doing great on your challenge. I fell off the wagon, but I'm getting back on. Love ya!

Kathy Habel said...

Glad to count you as one of my friends!