Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tickled Tuesday

Yes, that says tickle, not tackle.  There was no "Tackle it Tuesday" today.  No energy to tackle.  It's day two of healthy eating, and my body is revolting.  It will be better in a day or two, so I'm hanging in there.

Speaking of revolt, I took this cute picture of my daughter with her guinea pig "Linny".  She named her Linny for the female guinea pig on the Wonder Pets.  I took the picture just for an interest photo on the blog, but I was too tired to post it yesterday.  It's so fun to play with our little guineas and hand feed them.  They are adorable.  So, here's something interesting...
We discovered that Linny is a boy.  His name is now "Chowder" which was the boy name Heather had picked out.  The problem is that we can't have a boy and a girl--I'm sure I don't have to explain that one to ya.  
We are just not equipped to be having endless litters of guinea pigs running around the house.  So we're trying to discuss options.  We talked last night, and again tonight.  We told the girls we weren't sure what was going to happen, but that we had to do something before babies came into the picture.  I came home from my meeting tonight to signs plastered everywhere, like this one...
Apparently, Heather stepped out of the room during feeding time and decided to voice her opinion.  There were signs taped up everywhere that read, "Why can't we raise guinea pigs?", "Guinea pigs can be free!", "We are in America!  This is a free country! Keep, keep, keep!", "Fight for a guinea pig's right!", "Let's keep our guinea pigs!", "Why can't she have babies? We are in a free country!"  and my favorite, "They are a gift from Santa!"  So as I go off to lay my aching head to rest tonight, I'm tickled by my daughter's gumption.  She brought a smile to my heart tonight.

2 comments:

Michelle Blair said...

That is a crack up about Heather. You have an animal rights chick. Why not?

Kathy Habel said...

Hope that headache goes away soon!