Sunday, January 11, 2009

Savor It Sunday

With the hub and a daughter giving talks today, we were a little tense this morning.  I was able to go with my plan of getting the girls dressed and hair done an hour before departure, so that worked okay.  I keep forgetting that we have to have lunch before we leave.  Hopefully I can get my brain wrapped around our new schedule soon.

Our meetings were spectacular today.  My hub is a ward missionary, and spoke about asking for the Lord's help in missionary work.  He shared an experience from his mission that changed his vision forever about the work.  I definitely felt the spirit.

As far as savoring the day (aside from our meetings), I found peace in completing a small decorating task that I have put off for over a week.  There just isn't time to do the extra things that bring us joy!  So I did it today.  My beautiful and highly talented friend, Britten, inspired me to do a fun little winter theme in my living room.  The living room looks so bare after Christmas, and Jack Frost is still around through January.  Right after Christmas, I popped into Target to see if there was anything left to spark my creativity.  I came up with some items that seemed to work together, and here is what I did with them.  

This is our winter mantle.  The picture doesn't go, but I had to decorate around it.
My crystal, which sits in my garage most of the time, became very useful.  The hurricane lamps were great holders for the frosted white and silver ornaments.
I love Britten's idea of using snow pictures of my family and kids in the decor.
This needs a bit more, but the white sparkly garland and frosted white ornaments are hanging from my curtain rod over the slider.  I'm going to add some white twinkle lights for some sparkle.
This is not the greatest photo, but I used a champagne centerpiece, filled it with silver glitter ribbon, and added the frosted ornaments.  It will go on our dining table.

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Awesome!

Michelle Blair said...

That looks so cute! You are very talented and creative with your decorating. Cute pics, who was your photographer :)

Britten said...

Great job, Melissa!!! I'm just flattered that I inspired you. =)
Isn't if fun to have a little of the Christmas sparkle still left around on those dreary Jan. days??

Very cute!! I'm so proud!