Sunday, January 25, 2009

Savor It Sunday

Once again the day seemed to fly by with choir practice, church and the hub and I both having other meetings.  I tried to get in a few "savor" moments.  I did read an excellent Ensign article which I hardly ever stop to do.  It was about raising our children which is a passionate subject for me.  I also invited my girls to climb into my bed and read a couple of stories.  For Heather we read a chapter of the Little House book we're on, and for Jenna, we looked through Goodnight Gorilla.  Even though it doesn't have many words, she loved pointing out the balloon on each page. That book still excites my girls and makes them smile.  I went over some choral pieces I haven't had time to review, and took time to plan ahead to prepare a yummy dinner.  I think next Sunday I may get up a little earlier and skip choir to get some more time in with my sweet girls.  I feel like I've been too much the drill sergeant lately and not the nurturing soft place to fall.  We all could use more cuddle time.   

1 comment:

Kathy Habel said...

I need to be better about nurturing. I was just listening to something about the way we talk to our kids. I doubt I'd want to listen to me... clean up your room, comb your hair, don't do that, stop it, come here now, hurry up... I could be and need to be a lot better.