Saturday, January 17, 2009

Super Saturday

The most super thing about Saturday is sleeping in!  I love not having to be anywhere.  After a leisurely time in bed and after breakfast, I stripped all the beds, remade them, and washed the sheets.  Whew!  That is such a job!  There were loads of dishes to manage today, and a huge shopping trip to stock up for the coming week. 

I was also aiming for a 12 point day again for the HLC, so I worked out for 40 minutes in the a.m. and another hour in the evening and made that goal.   Lots of stuff I would have liked to have done didn't get done, but I realized today that I have had to make myself a project and try to look at it that way.  If I didn't make time for the workouts, I would never have been able to achieve the 12 point days I've had this week.  And Kelly has helped a ton too taking on dinners and baths so I can squeeze in the extra workout times.  

Another super thing we got to do today is to go see our neighbor, Hannah, in her lead role as "Gatekeeper" in the MyArt's production of The Wizard of Oz.  She did such a marvelous job!  Here are Heather and Jenna posing with her in her costume after the show.


Our last super event for the day was Jenna's new grin.  This evening after dinner, and after Jenna had been showing us all the ways she could twist her loose tooth, we told her she'd better pull it before she swallowed it in her sleep.  She's been waiting all week to lose it at school and had decided to try to hang on until Tuesday when she's back in the classroom (the nurse gives you a special tooth necklace if you lose one at school).  Anyway, she didn't want to swallow it, so she gave it a tug.  It popped out with no effort at all!  Here is her new grin...


1 comment:

Michelle Blair said...

Looks like a fun packed Sat. Good job for keeping the workouts up.