Monday, January 12, 2009

Meaningful Monday

Today was going to be Manage It Monday, but it was not only a day of managing self, home, and family, it was also one of reflection and meaning...

made breakfast
packed lunches
worked out
practiced voice
vacuumed and dusted living room
mopped tile in hall, entry and kitchen
had lunch with friends
did loads of laundry
put all laundry away
went grocery shopping
helped girls with their new "to-do" lists
made dinner
had family night 
tucked in the sweeties

I realized today how easy it is to become so caught up in the things there are to do that we forget to make time for ourselves.  My workout and practice took over an hour.  I used to think I'd squeeze those things in when I was done with everything else.  Ha!  There was never time.  I was thinking this morning that I should be doing other things besides taking all this time for my development.  I was feeling guilty and behind on my other work.  Then, I got over it.  It felt great to get some things worked in for me--I felt so much more balanced!

The last thing I did today was to make a "vision board" of my goals for the Healthy Living Challenge...I was really nervous about doing this because when I was young, the pictures I would pull would be of supermodels and other unattainable dreams.  I would get discouraged when I compared myself to those images, and inevitably I would give up on my goals.  Now I want deeper things out of healthy living--reclaiming my passions; energy to play with my kids and contribute positively to our family; being on vacation or at the beach and feeling great about myself; feeling comfortable in my clothes; having flexibility and health; and finally, just having peace and embracing who I am.

5 comments:

Britten said...

I love your board!! I agree with all those aspirations. I think they are more attainable and more beautiful!

Kathy Habel said...

Yeah! Great job today and I love your board!

~yoga~ said...

Simply beautiful.
Just like you!

Michelle Blair said...

That is a lot to do in one day. I don't know how you do it all, but good job! Love you!

Katie said...

I LOVE your board!! I really liked your post. Your family picture for your heading is beautiful!